Re: Windows/Posix path conversion fails on extra mount points

On Feb  9 00:04, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> cygwin_create_path (CCP_WIN_A_TO_POSIX, "C:/cygwin/lib") -> "/usr/lib"
> This is the correct directory, however, only by means of the extra mount
> point
> of /usr/lib; I think the result should rather be the likewise correct
> but more intuitive "/lib".
> There is software thatâs getting confused by this mix-up.

If so, it's a bug in the software.  /usr/lib is a prefectly valid path.

> At least the round-trip works:
> cygwin_create_path (CCP_POSIX_TO_WIN_A, "/usr/lib") -> "C:\cygwin\lib"
> so a directory existing in the Windows world is again addressed; however,
> this does not work if the directory is preceded with the cygwin root:
> cygwin_create_path (CCP_POSIX_TO_WIN_A, "/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/lib") ->
> "C:\cygwin\usr\lib"

The latter is not supposed to work.  The cygdrive prefix is not supposed
to be used to point inside the Cygwin root dir.  Logically it's an entire
different path: /usr/lib != /cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/lib.

Corinna

Red Hat