Re: make android device file system visible as unix path

Andrey Repin <anrdaemon <at> yandex.ru> writes:

>>> Are you including the drive letter?  If itâs the G: drive in
>>> Windows Explorer, you need to say something like âls /cygdrive/gâ,
>>> not âls /cygdriveâ.
>>>
>>> If it isnât appearing as a drive letter in Windows, theyâre
>>> probably using some kind of Explorer shell extension, which would
>>> mean the device isnât visible through normal Windows mechanisms,
>>> hence not visible to Cygwin.
>>
>> It doesn't have a drive letter in Windows Explorer.  The name is
>> simply "Moto G".  When I "ls /cygdrive", I see on the c-drive.  I
>> think that the handset's visibility to Windows Explorer is based on
>> MTP USB, but that's just something I'm learning about right now.
>
>There's no MTP adapter for Cygwin. You're welcome to write one,
>though.

I would consider it if my background was somewhat in the area of app
development, but it's more along the lines of data analysis, e.g,
Matlab, Excel.

Why would such a person want to access the handset via a unix path?
Android doesn't have a native Notes app, and if I simply use its text
editor, that's one more app I can avoid installing.  But I would want
to sync it with the laptop copy of the text files via vimdiff and
diff.

I guess one option may be to simply copy the folder containing the
text files to Windows, then use diff/vimdiff, then copy it back.