[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: clisp-2.48-4

The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution (32-bit only):

* clisp-2.48-4
* clisp-clx-2.48-4
* clisp-gdi-2.48-4
* clisp-gtk2-2.48-4

This is a rebuild of the 2.48-3 packages to remove dependencies on obsolete libraries. Because of changes in Cygwin's memory layout since 2.48-3 was built, I had to change the way clisp represents object pointers.[1] There are no other significant changes.

For further information about clisp-2.48, see the release announcement for clisp-2.48-3:

  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2009-12/msg00017.html

I have taken over as clisp maintainer because Reini Urban, the previous maintainer, no longer has time to do it. But I am not a clisp user, so I can't properly support it. I will, however, try to fix any problems with my build. I will also try to port clisp to 64-bit Cygwin.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to build a working version of clisp-2.49 on Cygwin.[2] If there is someone more knowledgeable about clisp who wants to help with this (and perhaps take over as maintainer), that would be welcome.

Ken Brown
Cygwin's (temporary?) clisp maintainer

[1] Technically, object pointers now use LINUX_NOEXEC_HEAPCODES instead of STANDARD_HEAPCODES.

[2] It builds, but it doesn't seem to recognize any modules.