Re: chgrp in Windows

> On Feb 24, 2015, at 4:57 PM, Warren Young <warren@etr-usa.com> wrote:
>
>> The result of chown I can see in Windows Explorer as the Owner but where is the group information?
>
> Itâs over on the Security tab of the same window youâre looking at: âGroup or user namesâ.

I just remembered that that tab isnât always visible.  If youâre running a âhomeâ version of Windows, thereâs a pretty good chance you donât even see this tab.

If thatâs your situation, you can un-hide this tab:

  http://goo.gl/MDoBo1
  http://goo.gl/C2p2N5

That tab can also be hidden because:

- a group policy setting disabled it

- youâre working on a non-NTFS drive

- youâre working on a shared network drive that doesnât fully support Windows security

etc.