Re: Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> writes:

> On Feb 24 14:46, Dennis Hagarty (dehagart) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> With Roger's very patient help, I was able to get ADInsight capturing
>> information.
>>
>> I did a run with the original dll under 32 bit Cygwin running a 32 bit
>> program (echo).
>>
>> Output and all possible reports (in html) from the tool are here:
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33069639/ADInsight.tar.gz
>>
>> This 32 bit version is the original slower version (takes a few mins
>> to open a window): CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW DEHAGART-WS02 1.7.34(0.285/5/3)
>>
>> So I downloaded the snapshot DLL for 32 bits and did it again:
>> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW DEHAGART-WS02 1.7.35s(0.286/5/3) 20150223 21:02:38
>> i686 Cygwin
>>
>> But this time I wasn't able to get any output on the ADInsight
>> (scratches head)
>
> Perfectly normal.  When fetching group info, it does not request any
> LDAP info now.  In fact, a single LsaLookupSids call for all groups
> in your token is all that's required now :)
>

> Corinna

I was having slow slow Cygwin startups the last bit of time, then I read
something about using cygserv since that caches something. (I know, very
imprecise, sorry)

Anyway, grabbed cygserv, started it.  Now cygwin starts almost instantly
again.  Might not be what you are talking about, didn't read back through all
these messages.  Just my 2 cents.

Dave