Re: Cygwin svn vs. TortoiseSVN?

> The TortoiseSVN FAQ file, answering the question of whether one can
> use different SVN clients on the same working copy, says this is not
> recommended.
> The FAQ mentions Cygwin in particular:

I am aware of this FAQ entry, but with latest SQLite versions this
is not a problem any more, as cygwin SQLite uses the
same locking semantics as the sqlite client in TortoiseSVN does.
I am using TortoiseSVN in combination with the cygwin svn client
without any problem (but I understand the suspicion due to
past experience).

Another reason why I don't think the locking is the problem:
> svn: E000013: Can't open file '/cygdrive/D/xxx/yyy/.svn/tmp/svn-sckggY': Permission denied

The SQLite database file can be found in /cygdrive/D/xxx/yyy/.svn/wc.db',
so any file opened by SQLite can only be this file (or related .wal/.journal
file), or some temporary file named something like '/tmp/etilqs*'. The file,
'svn-sckggY' doesn't look like that, so it's opened by subversion, not by
SQLite. That's why the recent ACL-related changed in cygwin are
more likely causing the problem here.

Anyway, thanks for your report!

Regards,
      Jan Nijtmans