RE: mintty startup message: /sbin/nologin: No such file or directory

>LDAP can't have to do with that, in theory.  The whole mechanism should give a sane result even if LDAP >connections fail, because the core part is the call to LookupAccountSid and that's the only call which has to >succeed.

Certainly my speculation of the cause is exactly that....speculation.  My observations, however, are sound and very reproducible on my machine.  If cygserver starts up rapidly after boot the result is not desirable, whereas if cygserver start up is delayed (either done manually or via delayed service startup), then the result is good.

I'll be happy to do any testing you might like on Monday, but this weekend is a busy one for me so I likely won't be able to do much until the work-week.

Dave