Yet more about permissions

[Not sure whether this has been described before]
I copied a zip file from my dropbox folder, where it has the following permissions by means of Dropbox:
----rwx---+ 1 towo None 691436 30. Mrz 18:32 m.zip
# file: m.zip
# owner: towo
# group: None
user::---
group::---
group:root:rwx
group:Authentifizierte Benutzer:rwx
group:SYSTEM:rwx
group:Benutzer:r-x
mask:rwx
other:---

So it is actually readable although that's not indicated by ls -l.

After copying it to a local drive, it keeps its permissions and ACL (using cp -p).
Then I deleted one file from the archive:
zip -d m.zip ...whatever...
And the updated archive had its ACL dropped, leaving these permissions:
----rwx--- 1 towo None 691244 31. Mrz 15:31 m.zip

So it's no longer readable.
(Assumedly zip just ignores ACL and copies the visible permissions for its output file.)

Wasn't the plan (or one of the options) to make permissions appear as the effective permission actually are, ORing all relevant ACL entries?

Thomas