Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1

Hi Henri,

On Apr 11 15:25, Houder wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> Reference: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-04/msg00201.html
>  - [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1

I really appreciate bug reports, but, please, try to keep the threading
intact.  Please reply to mails rather than creating new threads which
have no connection to the original threads.  Or if so, at least set the
"In-Reply-To:" Header field correctly.

By additionally changing the subject you're making searching the
archives unnecessarily hard for others.  I changed the subject back.

> Sorry, Corinna, but I have to ask: will this be the correct behaviour of Cygwin
> from now on? ... because I am very much surprised ...

It's what we haxxers call "a bug".  I made a typo in another function,
copy-pasted the code over to the chmod function, fixed it in the
original function and then forgot to fix it in chmod.

Btw., the output from SetACL isn't that helpful, because it doesn't
add information to what icacls already delivers.  What I'd be more
interested in is the output of our own getfacl in conjunction with
icacls.  It allows me to see the POSIX ACL the internal ACL reading
routine created from the Windows ACL.

I just uploaded a new test release 2.0.0-0.2.  It's supposed to fix
this bug.  Give it a bit of time to hit the mirrors.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat