Re: [TESTERS needed] New POSIX permission handling

On Apr 12 06:21, Äsmail DÃnmez wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> > On Apr 11 10:11, donmez wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote

> >> I tested the updated package and at least quilt and mutt seems to broken
> >> by
> >> the permission changes:
> >>
> >> [~]> quilt new foo
> >> cat: /tmp/quilt.mwTVWM: Permission denied
> >> Patch patches/foo is now on top
> >>
> >> And running mutt results in:
> >>
> >> "Error creating temporary file /tmp/mutt-...."
> >>
> >> Rolling back to an older snapshot fixes the problem.
> >
> > Thanks, but...
> >
> > No offense, but this is not overly helpful.  The problem is to learn
> > *why* this happens and how to fix it.  For that I'd need to know what
> > your permissions on /tmp look like (ls -l, getfacl, icacls).  Creating
> > files in my /tmp (having an old-style ACL) with the following
> > permissions works as desired for me:
>
> Hopefully this will shed some more light:

It does, thank you.  The problem is the dreaded "owner == group" problem
introduced with these weird Microsoft accounts.  I completely forgot
about this while implementing the new code.  It's pretty tricky to get
the Windows ACL right for this.  Additionally the ACLs already created
by setup are... borderline correct only.  Back to the drawing board...

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat