setup.exe -s site option not working for me

Dear Cygwin Users:

I currently run setup through a Windows shortcut that adds options
-d -N to the standard command line. Being exposed recently to
cygwinports, I was attempting to have separate shortcuts, one for
regular cygwin and one for cygwinports. To distinguish between them,
I tried adding -s <site> to the command-line options to specify the
respective sites. Instead of working as I expected:
1. In the "Choose A Download Site" window, instead of simply auto-
selecting my regular site, it created a duplicate entry of the site;
and
2. When I proceeded to the next step, it complained with "Unable to
get setup.ini from <[site]>" and wouldn't let me proceed until I
selected the other of the duplicated site names.

Perhaps my mission to have separate setup procedures for cygwin
and cygwinports is folly, but wondering if I am doing something
wrong or if the -s <site> option isn't working as it should.

--Ken Nellis