Re: feature request: easier "auto select a close mirror for me"

On 2015.08.28 14:23, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Roger Pack!

> It would be awesome if the top option for servers were "auto select
> closest" or something like that.

How would it know where you are located and how do you define "closest"? The mirrors that are "close" to me give worst speed comparing to the ones
across the ocean.

I wouldn't make it part of setup.exe, but a separate tool, like Arch Linux's mirrorselect. It finds the server with the best response, or perhaps the best N servers. Yes, "best response" is subject to interpretation, but some combination of low latency and fastest download of some (small?) test file, perhaps.

Jack