Re: Issue with Autotools and Perl on Windows 10

Gilberto Perez <gilberto.limon.perez <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I have never had this problem until I upgraded to Windows 10. When
> attempting to use 'autoreconf', I get the following messages:
>
> main::scan_file() called too early to check prototype at
> /usr/bin/aclocal-1.11 line 644.
> Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex;
> marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at
> /usr/bin/automake-1.11 line 4159.
>
> I'm not sure how important they are, but it might be the cause of some
> difficulties I've been having.

These messages come from Perl and are harmless (the new version of Perl is
more strict when checking a few things and has stepped up the deprecation
cycle for some regex stuff to emanate warnings).  This is already fixed
upstream in autotools, but it hasn't filtered down to Cygwin yet.

Regards,
Achim.