Re: [Cygwin-ports-general] Ncview

On 02/10/2015 10:58, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 23:35 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:

I don't find any case.

The XtVa* functions use varargs.

may be.

In the case of ncview, I strongly suspect the latter should anyone be
interested in fixing this.

The hard issue is that only cygwin 64 bit seems impacted,
while other 64 platform are fine,
and that the crash is well deep X libraries during the
destruction phase of graphical elements
as the X graphics elements are not correctly destroyed in sequence.

If someone more knowledgeable in X is interested I can provide the
program and a test case.

That would be great.

--
Yaakov

Hi Yaakov,

the program compiled with -O0 is here

http://matzeri.altervista.org/x86_64/ncview/

you can also install with
setup-x86_64.exe -X -O -s http://matzeri.altervista.org

It requires: libnetcdf7 libpng16 libudunits0 libX11_6 libXaw7 libXt6

On   http://matzeri.altervista.org/works/ncview/

you can find a small test database (~2Mb)
   $ ncview s.nc
to run it.

I also loaded a picture of how to replicate the crash.
Until only the first rows of "Var" is selected everything is fine,
the data are presented in other windows, while with the second row
it usually crashes at the 3rd selection.

Regards
Marco