Re: gcc-core requires libvtv0?

Ken Brown writes:
> Yes, that's what I meant---manually install the test version.  It's
> completely harmless to do that, since the library isn't used by the
> current version of any other package.

But someone installing the current gcc will not get the correct
libraries installed unless these get pulled in by other packages (I
believe they are, but I haven't checked), so that's still wrong.  If a
test package has different dependencies than the current one, setup.hint
should have the dependencies for "curr" correct and anyone installing
"test" needs to be aware that there's maybe some dependencies to install
by hand, which the announcement should helpfully provide.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html