Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.

On 10/18/2015 7:47 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
David Stacey writes:
Same here. I maintain a local mirror and use my own setup.ini files
(created with genini); these do not have 'sig' files. Directory
structure is as follows:

cygwin-2015-10-16
   /cygwin
     /x86
     /x86_64
   /cygwinports
     /noarch
     /x86
     /x86_64

The 'setup.ini' files are located in the 'x86' and 'x86_64'
directories; setup is pointed at the 'cygwin-2015-10-16'
directory.

If that is the complete directory structure at those two levels then I
don't see how it can't work.  I'm doing exactly the same, save for the
exact directory names.  I'm using the "-mX" switches when invoking
setup.

Are you saying you've never tested local installs without the -m switch? If so, that explains why you haven't been able to reproduce the problems that several of us have reported. I just verified that setup does indeed correctly descend into subdirectories with the -m switch.

Ken