Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.3.0-0.4

On Oct 23 11:06, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I don't have much time to test it right now (and won't have any time at all
> next week), but so far things look good.  The problem with the 0.2 test
> version with UID/GID mapping and not recognizing the primary domain in some
> cases is gone (might have been a fluke anyway).  Correlating the output from
> getfacl and icacls still requires some mental gymnastics, but I didn't find
> any obvious errors in the mode bits and ACL so far, which means that things
> like rsync (and some file tests) will now return the correct results for the
> cases I've looked at.

You won't believe how grateful I am having you testing this.  Thank you!

Would you mind to read the comment at the start of sec_acl.cc?  I'd be
very interested in learning if the description is meaningful enough to
other developers.  I also fear we need to have an improved documentation
explaining how this works and what NOT to do, e.g., reorder ACLs :|

Corinna

Red Hat