Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.3.0-0.4

Am 26.10.2015 um 11:07 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
Erm, really?  I tested this locally with a directory with hundreds
of files, each of which belonged to another user or group, and that
resulted in a 25% slowdown.  Not 1000%.  Oh boy.

That test is almost as bad as it can ever get. Given that enumerating all AD accouts with mkpasswd takes about 2 hours and I'm doing something very similar here, I'm not even surprised. I was more surprised to see the server go so fast, but my guess is that it can use jumbo frames to talk to the AD.

While that hurts, the more usual case with many files from the
same user doesn't feel any slower at the moment.  The access through VPN
will be interesting, though...

Did you try this in the meantime?

No, sorry.

Given the above result, I'm wondering if we can afford using AuthZ at
all.  OTOH I don't see any other way to get the correct POSIX permissions
from a non-Cygwin ACL :(

If you really want fast but incorrect there's always the "noacl" mount option.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)