Re: Octave audio issues reading wav files

On 11/11/2015 08:37, Stan Moore wrote:
I have a 32 bit install with a possible audio issue in Octave 4.0.0-2.

My primary machine is unavailable right now but I think I can come up with a
STC from memory.

wavread("somefile.wav")

leads to a message about missing sndfile and that audioinfo can't work.

The issue seems to be octave was built on a machine without libsndfile so
config.h
sets HAS_SNDFILE to 0 which causes audioinfo to fail. A quick look at
audioinfo source
shows that most of the function is skipped unless HAS_SNDFILE is true.

Noted. I will look for next release.

I tried building local to check my theory out but ran into another possible
issue.
It seems libqrupdate 1.1.2-1 may have a problem.

/usr/lib/libqrupdate.la seems to (internally) include dependencies on files:
/usr/lib/liblapack.la and /usr/lib/libblas.la
which don't exist so local builds fail with something like:
/usr/bin/grep: /usr/lib/liblapack.la file does not exist

as workaround remove
/usr/lib/libqrupdate.la

If any of the above is wrong or confused I will be happy to back up and
provide cygcheck and generally better
information.

Stan