RE: Command echo

Gluszczak, Glenn sent the following at Monday, November 16, 2015 11:16 AM

>When I shell to cmd.exe, the commands I execute are echoed (not sure if
>stdout or stderr). This doesn't happen under native cmd.exe. Is there a
>variable that controls this? I only have CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
>
>Notice the commands "dir" and "whoami" are emitted to the output.

cmd.exe is in control of its own echoing.  Try starting as cmd /q
cmd /?
/Q      Turns echo off

As to why cmd behaves differently when started under bash (even in a
non-mintty window) than when started directly or under cmd ....

Hope that helps.

- Barry