Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: fzf v0.11.0

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 03:51:13PM -0700, Keith Christian wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Adam Dinwoodie <adam@dinwoodie.org> wrote:
> > fzf 0.11.0 has been uploaded and should be coming soon to a mirror near
> > you.
>
> Thanks, Adam.  Should we see this "$(__fzf_history__)" string at the
> end of the command prompt after typing Ctrl-R and a partial previous
> command?
>
> Keith

Assuming it only lasts briefly, yes -- fzf is loading the Bash history
to be able to offer fuzzy finding through it.

Sadly Cygwin doesn't have a Go compiler available, meaning the Cygwin
fzf package is using the much slower legacy Ruby version of fzf.  If and
when Cygwin gets a Go compiler, I can move to providing the Go-based
version of fzf, which is much faster, I expect to the point that the
__fzf_history__ mesage is never visible.