Re: Ability to specify /cygdrive mount value in setup

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> The right thing to do is to change the base-files package to utilize
> /proc/cygdrive.  It's a vrtual symlink pointing to the actual cygdrive
> prefix currently in use.  If these symlinks under /etc used the
> /proc/cygdrive symlink, they would work all the time, independenly of
> the actual cygdrive prefix.

I've looked into it and I'd like to give that task back to the cygpath
maintainer. :-)

> Achim, any chance to tweak base-file accordingly?

At the moment I'm using $(/usr/bin/cygpath -S -u) to get the system
directory.  Since the /cygdrive prefix could be anything, I'd either
have to first figure it out via $(dirname $(/usr/bin/cygpath -u C:))
since the output from mount is a bit unwieldy.  Maybe we should just
force the cygdrive prefix to be /cygdrive for postinstall scripts
anyway.

But there really ought to be a way to simply have cygpath deliver the
canonical /proc/cygdrive path instead of whatever that link points to,
maybe that switch should be called "-U"?

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: