SSH Last login: (and lastlog, too)

For some time now (it had been working at least around March this year)
SSH tells me that I've last logged in from whatever IP instead of the
name of the machine.  Lastlog does the same.  Name resolution works just
fine as you can see when running ssh with debug on and it will check the
correct known_hosts line for the name.  Is there some setting I need to
change to make this work again?

Regards,
Achim.