Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-8.25-1

On Mar  9 08:59, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 03/08/2016 05:02 PM, Eric Blake (cygwin) wrote:
> > A new release of coreutils, 8.25-1, has been uploaded, and will be
> > available soon from your favorite mirror.  This leaves 8.24-3 as the
> > previous version.
>

> > I'm also planning to build an experimental coreutils-8.25-2 against the
> > experimental cygwin 2.5 with its new ACL handling, for those that would
> > like to test that it won't introduce regressions.
>
> Now available.  Please give it a spin, and report any problems you
> encounter, so that we can fix coreutils and/or cygwin prior to promoting
> this experimental work to current.

Thanks Eric!  I toyed around with it and promptly found two bugs in the
new POSIX ACL API.  An ls -l in my home dir simply hang.  Turned out,
the code was trying to call open(2) on a FIFO to find out if the file
has an extended ACL.  While fixing I found bug 2:  acl_extended_file
is supposed to return 1 if the ACL is extended, 0 if not.  But my
implementation simply returned the number of ACL entries.  I fixed that
right away.  I'll upload a new 2.5.0 test release shorty.

Thanks again,
Corinna

Red Hat