This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: nm for .exe extensions?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 09:13:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: nm for .exe extensions?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <a66eaf9339774b6a8fbc1ab4b99f428d at ntmaexbe04 dot bedford dot progress dot com>
On 5/24/2016 8:43 AM, Benjamin Cao wrote:
I am working with a customer on using the nm command in Cygwin for Windows. The customer wants to be able to generate a symbol table on *.exe files similar to what nm does on unix platforms. The executable, when run with nm in Cygwin, results in a "no symbols" result, whereas it generates a symbol table in unix.
Is he running nm on stripped executables?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple