This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about XP support
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 12:56:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Question about XP support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j6=XNUF38bZfCuv2tvHVLnRAKwx8sJ=GzXM92-0dzpvfg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> I thought that support for Windows XP had been removed from Cygwin.
> Yet the Cygwin home page says:
> "The Cygwin DLL currently works with all recent, commercially
> released x86 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows, starting with
> Windows XP SP3."
There has been notice that XP support will be dropped at some point in
the future, but as far as I know, that point has not been reached.
As I understood the conversation, XP support will be dropped when the
coding work for a new fix/feature/package is more than the coding work
to simply drop XP support.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple