This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?
- From: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 06:08:16 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538382235 dot 210794 dot 1464156496492 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
> It seems still the same problem with dri-drivers
> probably caused by LLVM 3.7
Unfortunately, the dri-driver versions available in the installer
depend on LLVM 3.7, so, even though reverting back to LLVM 3.5
is offered when you select llvm, you can't pull in a dri-driver
that works with that older version of LLVM to test that hypothesis.
So, not much point to offering that older version of LLVM.
Regardless of the fact that OpenGL is broken (again), this is
really a problem with Cygwin as a perennial work-in-progress
and its (lack of) version control.
I'd like to be able to download a stable-known-to-work-on
a-specified date golden-master Cygwin, without incremental
upgrades, and revert to that known-to-work Cygwin if needs
be. Once every six months? I'd be good with that.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple