This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?
- From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:53:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538382235 dot 210794 dot 1464156496492 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com> <538382235 dot 210794 dot 1464156496492 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <58328382 dot 20160525093952 at yandex dot ru>
On 25 May 2016 at 02:39, Andrey Repin <email@example.com> wrote:
> Greetings, firstname.lastname@example.org!
>>> It seems still the same problem with dri-drivers
>>> probably caused by LLVM 3.7
>> Unfortunately, the dri-driver versions available in the installer
>> depend on LLVM 3.7, so, even though reverting back to LLVM 3.5
>> is offered when you select llvm, you can't pull in a dri-driver
>> that works with that older version of LLVM to test that hypothesis.
>> So, not much point to offering that older version of LLVM.
>> Regardless of the fact that OpenGL is broken (again), this is
>> really a problem with Cygwin as a perennial work-in-progress
>> and its (lack of) version control.
>> I'd like to be able to download a stable-known-to-work-on
>> a-specified date golden-master Cygwin, without incremental
>> upgrades, and revert to that known-to-work Cygwin if needs
>> be. Once every six months? I'd be good with that.
> RedHat offers paid support for Cygwin, you know.
I don't know if that is true anymore. What Lloyd is asking for may
also be a larger project than what was also offered before. The
question is whether there are enough people who would be interested in
this sort of product for it to be useful.
> And it would be really wonderful, if you teach your mail client to not break
> With best regards,
> Andrey Repin
> Wednesday, May 25, 2016 09:38:43
> Sorry for my terrible english...
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Stephen J Smoogen.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple