This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs gud-interface is not updated after gdb command execution (maybe because of incomplete output from gdb)
- From: "William M. (Mike) Miller" <william dot m dot miller at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 07:02:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: emacs gud-interface is not updated after gdb command execution (maybe because of incomplete output from gdb)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <466943424 dot 37628 dot 394d161a-7219-415d-a659-0f774811ad2d dot open-xchange at email dot 1und1 dot de>
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Tobias Zawada <email@example.com> wrote:
> when debugging c-programs (the special program does not matter) with gud/gdb the
> prompt "(gdb)"
> is missing after the execution of the "start" command. This also happens with
> other commands such as "next". Also variable values and outputs are not
> correctly updated.
> I do not have this problem under linux.
> There was already a similar problem with the update of the gdb-interface:
> That thread has a dead end.
As the initiator of that thread, thank you very much for bringing up
the issue again and for all the investigative work. Since my initial
report did not result in any fixes, I have given up on gud and am
using cgdb, which is inferior but works well enough, but it would be
very welcome to have a fully-working gud again.
Just one update on that original report: item #3 has been fixed by
recent versions of gdb and is no longer a problem.
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple