This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [nfs-server] Hazardous changes introduced in 2.3-6
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 12:57:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [nfs-server] Hazardous changes introduced in 2.3-6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160528213448 dot 3EBEB40137 at smtp dot hushmail dot com> <355417591 dot 20160529023126 at yandex dot ru>
On 29/05/2016 01:31, Andrey Repin wrote:
I had installed the 3 cygrunsrv services (portmap, rpc.nfsd, rpc.mountd) to
use my login account as the services' user.
That's your and only your mistake.
I hope you've learned from it and will not repeat the same mistake again.
safety precaution should avoid that mistakes become tragedy...
In this case I agree with Josh that the default is hazardous if the user
don't select the default/proposed service userid.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple