This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb pty problem [Was: emacs gud-interface is not updated after gdb command execution (maybe because of incomplete output from gdb)]
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Peter Castro <doctor at fruitbat dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 15:05:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdb pty problem [Was: emacs gud-interface is not updated after gdb command execution (maybe because of incomplete output from gdb)]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <466943424 dot 37628 dot 394d161a-7219-415d-a659-0f774811ad2d dot open-xchange at email dot 1und1 dot de> <44459aa0-4381-2368-ab63-5dffc26f3344 at cornell dot edu> <e29d08b0-aaed-46ea-a4eb-960b1e462692 at cornell dot edu> <a50d8bef-cc9b-3b35-8812-b26360591662 at cornell dot edu> <20160531094115 dot GE24015 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <34c9cf10-4930-a017-92fc-fd56171671b1 at cornell dot edu> <9403d1d8-21d1-bf7e-dddc-d77b42e4795d at cornell dot edu> <20160601142804 dot GG11431 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <aad3bfc2-c6a5-3299-2e66-90892286753b at cornell dot edu> <91397a76-1265-1cda-45e2-573e63b48fa3 at cornell dot edu> <20160601182855 dot GA18871 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 6/1/2016 2:28 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 1 11:22, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/1/2016 10:33 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/1/2016 10:28 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 1 09:02, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/1/2016 8:51 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 5/31/2016 5:41 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Any chance you could bisect Cygwin to help finding the culprit?
The culprit is
Author: Takashi Yano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Apr 3 13:07:35 2015 +0900
Cygwin hangs up if several keys are typed during outputting a lot of
* fhandler_tty.cc (fhandler_pty_slave::read): Change
"readlen" not to use "bytes_in_pipe" value directly.
Reverting that commit fixes the problem.
Unfortunately, all kinds of other things break. For example, emacs
immediately, ls produces no output,....
Are you sure? I just tried it myself and ls as well as emacs work
fine for me.
It works for me now too. I must have done something wrong the first
time I tried.
And this also fixes the original problem in emacs that started the thread:
I reverted commit 252a07b0ad3353abcd0fcd9b1b65ff977acd679e in git master
for now, unless we find a reason to rework this again.
Thanks. By the way, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Peter
Castro for the Cygwin Time Machine
(http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/#cygwintimemachine). The bisection I
did, spanning a period of about 4 years, would have been virtually
impossible without it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple