This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xdg menu glitch
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Cc: Franz Fehringer <fehrin2 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 12:22:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: xdg menu glitch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ni8oqb$14e$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 27/05/2016 07:17, Franz Fehringer wrote:
With xdg menu i observe a small glitch, namely german umlauts are not
displayed correctly but rather their two byte representations are shown.
The xdg menu ist started when i launch the X11 (XWin) server and shows
up as a small icon at the lower right next to the X11 icon.
I tried both de_DE and de_DE.utf8 for both LC_ALL and
.config/user-dirs.locale without any difference.
Is this an error or am i missing some configuration piece?
Thanks for reporting this.
This is an error, and xwin-xdg-menu wasn't correctly handling non-ascii
characters in the localized menu text.
I've uploaded today an updated xwin-xdg-menu-20160601-1 package, which
should fix this.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple