This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 17:48:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: malware
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A7039D920C3 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On 09/06/2016 17:08, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
A little supposition here, but it appears that the recent posting
from Viverra Inc. contained a malicious attachment, as detected by
my company's e-mail malware detection as it intercepted the recent
digest. I need now to appeal to them to allow me to continue
receiving e-mail from you. Cygwin has provided me invaluable tools
to do my software development work, so I hope this matter is
resolved promptly with my company. Meanwhile I ask that you review
your spam detection to minimize impact on me and others in my
In general, I suggest you to not use the company's e-mail
for mailing lists.
The spam detection is never 100% accurate, something
will always pass through and something will be falsely detected.
My company's spammer filter sometimes report internal
automatic mails as spam and don't catch real spam.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple