This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: missing partitions under /dev
- From: Aaron Schneider <notstop2 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:59:13 +0000
- Subject: RE: missing partitions under /dev
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB126-W13603CEE9C8DCEF7F84AE5CE5F0 at phx dot gbl>,<20160610100027 dot GD15058 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 12:00:27 +0200
> From: email@example.com
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: missing partitions under /dev
> On Jun 9 17:57, Aaron Schneider wrote:
> Cygwin's /dev/sd* emulation doesn't support more than 15 partitions yet.
> This would need some rework of the device naming code.
I see. I though that it was a Windows problem that didn't provide
the partitions properly to cygwin if they weren't formatted with a
known filesystem or something related.
Isn't any other way to access those partitions even from Windows
Powershell? Is the feature to support more than 15 partition planned
to be implemented?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple