This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: This font using the "seac" command for accented characters...
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 07:41:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: This font using the "seac" command for accented characters...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465890352 dot 69476 dot ezmlm at cygwin dot com> <trinity-4f46c890-4f51-4e11-a248-0acf33eebf50-1466200480864 at 3capp-gmx-bs03>
On 6/17/2016 5:54 PM, Mark McGregor wrote:
No, I don't think XeTeX is dying. A look at its git repository shows lots of commits from Jonathan Kew and Arthur Reutenauer in the last few months.
The last commit was over 1 month ago: a 1-line change from JK. I'm not overly optimistic that anything will happen to this bug report at all. But, anyway, thank you for having reported!
I had some private correspondence with Akira Kakuto about my bug report,
and he said it isn't a bug. The problem is simply that xetex has very
limited support for type1 fonts, and the solution is to remove them from
the fonts that fontconfig knows about, as you've done. So I'll probably
make this change the next time I update texlive.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple