Re: rebaseall ate my homework (Windows 10 install, that is)?

On Jun 29 10:20, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:

> >> None of them do .
> >
> > That is only possible then if you've tried some manual rebase and have these
> > DLL still recorded in /etc/rebase.db.* -- in which case you should be able
> > to recover by doing a full rebase (which removes the existing rebase
> > database as the first step).
> >
> >> To be careful and clear, the _first_ time the problem happened (i.e.,
> >> Windows became unusable after a reboot), was after a normal run of
> >> setup-x86_64 which updated Cygwin to 2.5.2.
> >
> > Again, given what you say about the content of /var/cache/rebase this is
> > only possible if you've previously added those DLL to the rebase database.
>
> Thanks, that's it!  A week or so ago I did a rebase of some of my own
> compiled dlls, and that seems to have added a large volume of windows
> dlls to rebase.db.x86_64, including hal.dll :-(.
>
> Not sure how to execute "[recovery] by doing a full rebase" -- I tried a
> vanilla rebaseall, but that doesn't seem to have flushed the database,
> although the date on it did change. . .

Yuk.  Maybe it would make sense to have a safety net in rebase so that
it refuses to rebase any DLL below a dir called system32 or SysWOW64?

If anybody wants to take stab:

https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-apps/rebase.git

Corinna

Red Hat