This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Morten KjÃrulff <mortenkjarulff at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:38:59 +0200
- Subject: less '+&pattern'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am trying to use less with an initial command of &pattern:
printf 'A\nB\n' | less '+&B'
Give me the text "&/B" at the topleft of my screen, and I have to press
ENTER to do the actual filtering.
Is this as it should be?
printf 'A\nB\n' | less '+/B'
Here line B is at top of screen, without the need for pressing ENTER
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple