This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Font error message during Cygwin update (mostly harmless)
- From: Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at acslink dot net dot au>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 23:55:08 +1000
- Subject: Font error message during Cygwin update (mostly harmless)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
When upgrading to current 5.2.1 Cygwin, this message appears in the window:
> Package: z/Perpetual
> zp_fontconfig_cache_1.sh exit code 1
The relevant lines in /var/log/setup.log.full appear to be:
> 2016/07/11 22:24:30 running: C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile "/etc/postinstall/zp_fontconfig_cache_1.sh"
> /usr/share/fonts: failed to write cache
> 2016/07/11 22:25:30 abnormal exit: exit code=1
I got this in 32-bit and 64-bit upgrades. I added xfontsel to 64-bit; 32-bit was
a plain upgrade.
I'm using an X server on a Linux system, so can't say whether Cygwin fonts are
working or not.
Cheers ... Duncan.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple