This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwinX xwin resolution
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "Dr. Rob Higgins" <rob dot higgins at utoronto dot ca>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:25:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwinX xwin resolution
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 22/07/2016 05:23, Dr. Rob Higgins wrote:
I cannot find, after two days, any documentation on how and where to
specify resolution parameters. I must be barking up the wrong trees.
My laptop under Windows has recommended resolution set at 3200 x 1800
CygwinX X Windows are much to small, and barely readable.
I guess this means that e.g. xterm font is too small, and so a 80x24
character window is small?
Can anyone just tell me where to look, or what to specify?
To answer the specific question, you can specify the a display
resolution using the '-dpi' option.
The "configuration" chapter of the user guide  points to "man XWin"
, which in turn points to "man Xserver"  for general server
options, including that one.
If changing that helps, I'd be very interested to know what the
autodetected value for dpi is, which is reported in /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple