Re: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list

On 8/11/2016 7:28 PM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
I tried to reply to the person who replied to my original post.  I did this by sending an email to
this mailing list, with "RE: <original subject line>" as the new subject line.  The mailing list
took this to be a reply to my original post, rather than a reply to the person who replied to my
original post.  Should I have used "RE: RE: <original subject line" instead?

No -- you should look at the addressees in the mail and responder
only to the sender, not the list, if that's what you want ...

But you ASKED a different question: how to add a (presumably new)
thread to the LIST.  I believe you simply need to send a new message
or change the subject more, and not use RE: ...    Eliot Moss