This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:37:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 8/11/2016 7:28 PM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
I tried to reply to the person who replied to my original post. I did this by sending an email to
this mailing list, with "RE: <original subject line>" as the new subject line. The mailing list
took this to be a reply to my original post, rather than a reply to the person who replied to my
original post. Should I have used "RE: RE: <original subject line" instead?
No -- you should look at the addressees in the mail and responder
only to the sender, not the list, if that's what you want ...
But you ASKED a different question: how to add a (presumably new)
thread to the LIST. I believe you simply need to send a new message
or change the subject more, and not use RE: ... Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple