This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Xwin Windows 10 Trend Micro
- From: Brian Kuhn <brian dot kuhn at gmail dot com>
- To: Paul_McKinley_2013 at ariesinternet dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 15:35:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Xwin Windows 10 Trend Micro
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <CAFn5TDPucRVw7pYiq8g+ob8LPOuA7PmanxQVE=1_J=iD1_cWXg@mail.gmail.com>
Fixing my top-post. Sorry.
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Paul McKinley
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Trend Micro support called me back about this issue. I spent some time with
>> them on the phone, with the support engineer trying a few things. We ended
>> up with a reinstall of the
>> ecurity/1112161.aspx hotfix, after which Cygwin-X runs fine, WITHOUT having
>> the pause user mode checking turned on. The support engineer mentioned
>> something about an update coming out *after* my previous post. Apparently
>> I needed both the update and the hotfix to make things work.
>> Hope this helps someone...
>> Paul McKinley
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Brian Kuhn <email@example.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Paul. I have been dealing with something somewhat similar, in
> which one of Trend Micro's enterprise products is preventing Emacs
> from linking to its DLLs. Still working with the IT group to see
> exactly what we need to open up to get past that. Fingers crossed
> that updates will address it.....
>> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple