Re: GIT source build failure: wcwidth.c::_wcwidth misses __locale_cjk_lang()

Am 21.08.2016 um 12:30 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:

thanks for the report, but I can't reproduce this.  I can build Cygwin
fine natively as well as on Linux, with and without optimization.

That's strange. On Re-examination, it builds here, too, even without the added include. I.e. effectively it took only a `touch` of wcwidth.c to fix this.

Could there be a problem with the dependency handling in the newlib auto-foo which caused changes to header files to fail triggering a rebuild?

And while I'm at it: what _is_ the dependency handling here, anyway? I can't seem to find any. Which could indeed explain the problem.

So why does this fail for you?  I wonder if some compile time settings
are responsible for this problem.  How do you build Cygwin from the git
repo?  Do you use some special debug options or something like that?

None that I'm aware of. The only differences in may sandbox prior to occurence of the failure were in winsup/doc Makefile.in and configure. Other than that it's a straight-up

  ../newlib-cygwin/configure --prefix=/home/hbbro/prg/cygwin/inst

build.