Re: cygpath -w and .exe magic

On 8/26/2016 10:58 AM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> $ cmd /c DIR $(cygpath -w hello)

But
$ cmd /c $(cygpath -w hello)
will execute hello.exe

The fact that you get file not found error tells me that cmd is doing
what it does.  The purpose of the .exe magic is for executing the file
from the Cygwin shell.  My opinion is that we shouldn't rely on the .exe
magic; there are hidden dangers and some use those dangers to a benefit.

--
cyg Simple