This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Script broken after updating bash to 4.3.46-7?
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 13:04:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: Script broken after updating bash to 4.3.46-7?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3PW0+bk20d30-J=sLr=PPnFOeU0Fb495hh1bBVtbtPrzw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On 8/29/2016 2:30 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> Simplest fix:
> read ... < <(mysql ... | dos2unix)
This will break when the data returned by mysql is supposed to contain \r.
> There. Now you aren't feeding \r to read in the first place.
But you might want to feed \r to read. It isn't a fix, it is a
potential work around dependent on the data set results. If a read that
is supposed to be reading binary data doesn't pass all of the data to
the routine then it is broken.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple