This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated/Test: base-files-4.3-1
- From: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 16:47:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated/Test: base-files-4.3-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.878tv914ya.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <57CC0128.firstname.lastname@example.org> <87k2ersy04.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <57CC0FD6.email@example.com> <87bn03spdi.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
Achim Gratz wrote:
Christian Franke writes:
Removing the touch command would be sufficient. A 'cp' without options
uses the permission mask from source file when a new file is created
(POSIX requirement). Cygport's make_etc_defaults also generates plain
"cp --preserve" would also copy owner and timestamps.
No, a 'cp -p" would do. I've explicitly told it to just copy the mode
Yes - sorry for the noise.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple