Re: permisions: cat from bash vs type from cmd

Greetings, Morten Kjærulff!

> Hi,

> I am sure there is a fine explanation for what I see here, but what do
> I need to read to understand, or what is the explanation.

> My friend is trying to protect his .netrc on his virtual server, which
> works when I uses native windows commands, but I can see his file when
> I uses cygwin? I am running on my own PC and we are on the same
> domain.

Do you run Cygwin with administrator privileges?

> morten@mortenpc ~
> $ cat //virtualserver/d$/mhome/.netrc
> machine computerxxx login userxxx password passxxx

> morten@mortenpc ~
> $ cmd
> Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
> Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rettigheder forbeholdes.

> D:\mhome>type \\virtualserver\d$\mhome\.netrc
> Adgang nægtet.

That sounds suspiciously similar to the different access tokens.

Running both cmd and type in the same session would be more illustrative.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...