This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Can you modify how Cygwin prepends domain name to username?
- From: Carl <mutantllama at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 22:14:16 +1000
- Subject: Can you modify how Cygwin prepends domain name to username?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Is is posible to modify the behavior of how Cygwin prepends a domain
name to a username?
I need to setup GPFS in an environment where the PC is a member of one
domain and the user that the sshd service will run as is a member of a
There is a trust relationship between the domains, however the user
has its domain name prepended and this breaks things for setting up
ADUNSW+root@gpfs2-pc:~ $ mkpasswd.exe -c
I welcome any suggestions on how I might be able to work around this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple