This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Corrupt Cygwin64 install?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 18:03:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Corrupt Cygwin64 install?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACt7iw=dixzLm_uu7H5Lc2FpjBSmFzjjGt=ryPr9FN0sanD+Og@mail.gmail.com>
On 9/21/2016 5:14 PM, Mike McCarty wrote:
I have cygwin64 installed and up until recently, everything was
working fine. However, I updated a while back and now I notice that
emacs doesn't run:
$ which emacs
$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 25.1.1
Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
$ emacs a.txt
It doesn't really crash, it just returns immediately. So I thought I'd
see what strace reported...
$ strace /usr/bin/emacs
0 [main] strace 5196 D:\cygwin64\bin\strace.exe: *** fatal error
- Internal error: TP_NUM_W_BUFS too small: 50.
614 [main] strace 5196 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile:
Dumping stack trace to strace.exe.stackdump
You can't run strace on a symlink. Try 'strace /usr/bin/emacs-w32.exe'
(or whichever emacs binary the symlink resolves to).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple