This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Native symlinks and setup.exe
- From: Vlado <v dot 99cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 23:32:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: Native symlinks and setup.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3O9eEhdgWcdEKkY=Egd+_8WJtxOc6WXjhecr9Duemail@example.com>
On 1.10.2016 17:52, Gene Pavlovsky wrote:
Before running setup.exe I've set the system env var CYGWIN=winsymlinks:native
After that I ran setup-x86_64.exe and installed cygwin64.
The symlinks to .exe files in bin, created by setup, are not native
symlinks, they are cygwin symlinks. Apparently, setup doesn't honor
the winsymlinks:native CYGWIN option. Is that intended (why?) or a
IMHO CYGWIN variable controls Cygwin behavior, but setup is native
What You are describing is expected behavior.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple