This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Advice for debugging heap mismatches? (Win10 Insider build 14926)
- From: Tony Kelman <tony at kelman dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 06:57:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: Advice for debugging heap mismatches? (Win10 Insider build 14926)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is 10.152.90.54) smtp.mailfrom=kelman.net; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=kelman.net;
- References: <DM2PR0201MB079977535C2477CA6B0EF745A7F30@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <DM2PR0201MB07990C9272767BC3A62529C2A7CB0@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <57E700EA.email@example.com> <DM2PR0201MB079975A16D4E98A8B20250EEA7CC0@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <DM2PR0201MB079958F9EBD05C7DED300E16A7C30@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <87r37z3ql8.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <CY1PR0201MB0796D83501EC1E9C7AAA09A2A7C20@CY1PR0201MB0796.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>,<87intaeyco.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
> No, that looks like I'd expect it to. You need to look at the process
> map when you have fork problems, since the problem seems to be
How so? Something like
for i in `seq 1000`; do
cat /proc/self/maps > procselfmaps_`date +%s.%N`.txt;
before running the problematic command? It does take a variable amount
of time to trigger, and sometimes exhibits as a complete freeze instead
of an error. What should I be looking for here?
> Have you tried to play around with the virus scanner settings?
I already have a Windows Defender exclusion for my Cygwin installs.
Turning off real-time protection temporarily didn't help.
> One sure-fire way to make sure your 32-bit E: installation is not causing havoc
> with your 64-bit C: installation is to temporarily rename E:\cygwin32 to
> E:\somethingelse and retry your build. This should not be necessary but I don't
> know what else to suggest.
Good idea. Tried it, didn't help.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple