Re: Advice for debugging heap mismatches? (Win10 Insider build 14926)

> No, that looks like I'd expect it to.  You need to look at the process
> map when you have fork problems, since the problem seems to be
> intermittent.

How so? Something like

for i in `seq 1000`; do
  cat /proc/self/maps > procselfmaps_`date +%s.%N`.txt;
done &

before running the problematic command? It does take a variable amount
of time to trigger, and sometimes exhibits as a complete freeze instead
of an error. What should I be looking for here?

> Have you tried to play around with the virus scanner settings?

I already have a Windows Defender exclusion for my Cygwin installs.
Turning off real-time protection temporarily didn't help.

> One sure-fire way to make sure your 32-bit E: installation is not causing havoc
> with your 64-bit C: installation is to temporarily rename E:\cygwin32 to
> E:\somethingelse and retry your build.  This should not be necessary but I don't
> know what else to suggest.

Good idea. Tried it, didn't help.